Chat, J’ai Pété
Dec. 7th, 2025 03:29 pmAccording to a meme that has been going around, the name of OpenAI's flagship product sounds especially funny if you know French.
lyrics and music by Benjamin Newman
lyrics and music by Benjamin Newman
/ G D / C D / G C /[1. D G :/[2. D -D7 /
ChatGPT is here, and while there's cause for hope and fear
The AI age to come remains uncharted
But hang on to your pants, it so happens that in France
"Chat, j'ai pété" means "cat, I farted"
Will "cat, I farted" revolutionize the Internet?
Will "cat, I farted" skew the information I can get?
Will "cat, I farted" steal my job and automate my role?
Will "cat, I farted" run amok, or will we keep control?
ChatGPT sounds great, but when it's let out of its crate
Will its logic leave us living or departed?
Roll the dice on each release, but in Avignon and Nice
"Chat, j'ai pété" means "cat, I farted"
Will "cat, I farted" take the place of indexing and search?
Will "cat, I farted" print a snazzy logo on my merch?
Will "cat, I farted" ever conjure up a real surprise?
Can "cat, I farted" even tell when "cat, I farted" lies?
ChatGPT rolls on, towards a new, uncertain dawn
But the Singularity has barely started
Summon your robotic henchmen, but if they should meet a Frenchman
"Chat, j'ai pété" means "cat, I farted"
Will "cat, I farted" plagiarize from every single book?
Will "cat, I farted" sell my private data to a crook?
Will "cat, I farted" hand the world to big tech CEOs?
Does "cat, I farted" even know what "cat, I farted" knows?
If you're cynically inclined, try to keep an open mind
Though you need not be unduly open-hearted
If you use ChatGPT, just remember, in Paris
"Chat, j'ai pété" means "cat, I farted"